Who said green can’t be sweet? This yummy avocado cake proves it wrong!
It is so interesting how one avocado became so popular, it is actually a bit scary, right? Few years ago we were eating an avocado as guacamole with our nachos and tortillas. And now? Well now I think it is part of every day food – or excuse me, super food 🙂
I was slightly skeptical as well, when Basti said, he will bake an avocado cake. But we ended up eating the whole cake in one day – yes, it was sooooo good.
Simple to make, all ingredients in one bowl – mix it and bake it!
Your avocado cake is done and ready to serve. It is actually a perfect dessert solution when you do not have time and you need to make an impression. You are welcome 🙂
If you make this tasty avocado pistachio cake, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
More recipes with avocado
- 225 g Butter
- 350 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pcs Avocado
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 200 g Sugar
- 1 pkg Vanilla Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 50 g Almonds grounded
- 50 ml Milk
- 50 g Pistachio Nuts more for decoration
- 250 g Icing Sugar
- 6 tbsp Lime Juice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a baking lid (25 cm long) well and dust with flour
- Halve the avocado lengthways and remove the core. Remove the pulp from the skin. Place in a food processor with lemon juice and blend everything well (Tipp: The softer the avocado, the more intense the color of the cake. Therefore, you should do the pressure test in the shop and see how far the avocado gives way when you press it in. If the color is not green enough in the end, you can of course help with food coloring. The fresher the avocado, the lighter the color!)
- Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and pinch of salt until creamy with a hand mixer
- Stir in the eggs one after the other and mix it carefully
- Mix the flour, baking powder and almonds
- Alternately stir in the flour mix, avocado puree and milk
- Fill the dough into the baking lid and smooth out
- Bake the cake for 60–70 minutes. If the cake turns too brown, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Then carefully drop it out of the mold
- Mix the icing sugar and lime juice until smooth
- Cover the cake with the icing, or just let it run itself. Sprinkle with pistachios and let it dry
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!