Do we love chickpeas? Yes! Do we love beef? Yes! Do we love Israeli food? Yes! So, the logical outcome is this delicious baharat beef with hummus dish. I don’t know why we never came up with this recipe earlier.
What is Baharat?
Baharat is a traditional Arabian spice blend used mainly for lamb, minced meat, couscous and fish dishes. As with the Indian curry, there is no fixed list of ingredients in the oriental spice mix: the recipe varies by region. Main ingredients are pepper, paprika, coriander, clove, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon.
How we came up with Baharat beef?
Guys, are you familiar with NENI restaurants? They are originally from Austria and have already a bunch of restaurants across Europe. They offer the best Israeli fusion food you can get on this planet! Everything is cooked on point and they always have new twist in their cuisine.
This gives us a lot of ideas and inspirations as well.
Juicy spiced baharat beef spreaded over zesty creamy hummus. And yes, it is not new, and it is actually quite a popular mezze on the Middle Eastern table. But we never did it at home. I still cannot believe.
The cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, paprika, and garlic come together to create a warm, savory combination of flavors that are incredible, when paired with beef. The ground beef is also sautéed with sweet onion for a little extra flavor.
If you make this simple and tasty Baharat spiced beef with hummus, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Baharat Spiced Beef Hummus
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 3 tbsp Tahini Sesame Paste
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 400 g Minced Beef 96%
- 1 pcs Purple Onion chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- ½ tbsp Grounded Cumin
- ½ tbsp Grounded Coriander
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- ½ tbsp Meg Nut
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsely
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Pita Bread to serve
- Place the chickpeas in the food processor. Blend until only small bits remain
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water
- Heat a pan over medium heat and sautee the onion with garlic, cumin, paprika, meg but, coriander, salt & pepper for around 4-5min.
- Add the minced beef and sautee, stirring often, until the meat browns. Check the seasoning and balance out the flavors if needed
- Bring the hummus to room temperature and then spoon onto a deep plate or shallow bowl, leveling it off and creating a sort of divot in the middle. Add the beef to the center and serve warm with pita bread on the side
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!