Basil Pesto Swirl Bread is something you should immediately try! Now and then we prepare our pesto…just to have it in the fridge and to be ready for moments like this. There is nothing better to bake fresh bread on a weekend afternoon. That smell of fresh warm bread is always something special.
This time Basti decided to prepare bread with pesto…Oh god, to be honest, I was slightly sceptic if this will work out. But the result was amazing. I’m really so excited, that I have to share it with you. It is loose, airy, tender and the pesto gives a special herbal and zesty taste.
Fresh basil pesto swirl bread, which everyone likes. Especially in the summer, the bread is the total hit. With this splash of color you shine on every barbecue party!
It fits perfectly as a finger food, as a side dish to a cream soup or you want to bake a delicious bread for barbecue, but you do not feel like the classic white bread baguette – then this is the perfect bread!
The recipe provides you also the option to use mozzarella. Yes, if I would have prepared this pesto swirl bread, you know there would be cheese…all over 🙂
To make the recipe vegan, substitute the milk with water and skip the mozzarella.
Basil Pesto Swirl Bread
- 160 ml Milk warm
- 1 pkg Dry active yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 300 g All-Purpose Flour
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- BeastFeast Pesto
- Mozzarella optional
- Mix the yeast with the warm milk and sugar in a large bowl and mix it with a fork until it has completely dissolved
- Add in the flour, oil and salt. Knead until you get a smooth dough. You can also do all the mixing and kneading in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment
- Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 1/2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a rectangle (40x20cm)
- Start spreading the Pesto on top of the rolled dough, but leave some space on the edge. If you also want mozzarella, put it now on top
- Roll the rectangle lengthwise to a roll
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet
- Cut the dough in to half, lengthwise and turn both with the cut side up. Then start braiding them
- Brush the top with a little olive oil
- Transfer to the oven and bake 30min or until the crust is golden brown
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!