Jump to Recipe
It is steak o’clock! I think this beauty does not need any special introduction. Rare, medium or well done. With fries, veggies or salad. With ketchup, BBQ or truffle sauce. Guys no limits, there is no wrong or right. This beef fiesta is really for every taste.
Well, for BeastFeast there is one big No Go…Please don’t kill the steak and make a rubber out of it.
Let’s steak away!
Beef Meets Burrata
- 350 g Sweet Potatoes we used different kinds
- 1 pcs Big Burrata
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 500 g Beef Filet
- Handful fresh parsley
- ½ pcs Purple Onion
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Squeeze of Lime Juice
- 1 pcs Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For the marinade for the steak; in a non-reactive dish or large re-sealable plastic bag, combine black pepper, honey, garlic, lime juice and rosemary and mix thoroughly
- Add steak and turn to thoroughly coat. Cover dish or close bag and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. (If you are making ahead, cover, and place in refrigerator. Can be marinated up to 24 hours in the fridge)
- In the meantime, preheat the oven on 180°C. Peel the potatoes and cut them in ‘fries’ shape. (Trick 1: Purple sweet potato are best ones for fries from the oven as they get super crispy)
- Place baking paper on baking tin and spread cut potatoes over it. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once oven is warm, place the potatoes in and bake for 20 minutes (until golden and crispy)
- Once steak has marinated, remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. (If you have a griddle pan – go for it)
- When griddle pan is heated, remove steak from marinade, shake off excess, add to pan and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, place them in a bowl and drizzle in some olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix all together
- Finely chop parsley and onion, place in a small bowl and mix all together with olive oil. That is our salsa verde
- Once all is ready place everything on a big board and slice the filet
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!