Warm caramelised banana porridge? Yes please! Warm porridge is definitely my favourite all-season breakfast. Yes, it is warm but also fruity which makes it a super yummy summer breakfast as well.
Oatmeal is such a tasty and healthy breakfast!
This time we prepared caramelised bananas as a topping for this warm cooked porridge. The creaminess we get by cooking the oats in coconut milk. And the toppings are always the best! Topped with warm sticky sweet bananas and fresh crushed walnuts!
So often I hear that oats are boring and not tasty at all. Guys, this is the proof to change your mind! Except the weekend we eat oats in different variations almost every day! Did you already try the Very Berry Porridge? Or our all time favourite the Spiced Turmeric Porridge? You have to try these tasty oat recipes!
If you make this banana porridge recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Caramelised Banana Walnut Porridge
- 180 g Oats
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 40 g Protein Powder Vanilla
- 1 pcs Banana
- ½ tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Flex Seeds
- Handful Fresh Walnuts
- Place the small pot over medium heat, add oats and toast them for few seconds then pour in the coconut milk and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (until the porridge is soft and creamy)
- Stir often to avoid sticking. Add protein powder in the end and stir well
- In the meantime, slice the banana. Place the pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, once melted and warm add sliced bananas and lower down the heat. When bananas starting to ‘boil’ add honey and on a low heat let bananas slowly get caramelized with sweet honey (it takes 1-2 minutes)
- Serve it in a bowl topped with caramelized bananas sprinkle with flex seeds and nuts
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!