Hey hey! It is Wednesday and we celebrate mid-week with pizza as usual. This caramelized onions and mushrooms pizza is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. The base is salty whipped feta and the pizza is topped with sweet caramelized onions and mushrooms.
As we’ve created this super easy and amazing homemade dough recipe, pizza nights are even more fun now. We are playing with toppings and I love it. You can be so creative and you can’t go wrong. Imagine you create a pizza with all your cravings on top? Yes, this exactly is the outcome of this amazing yummy pizza. I was craving so badly for caramelized onions and mushrooms.
The biggest challenge was the base as I did not like to mix tomatoes with caramelized mushrooms. So a white base was definitely a must for the taste and the contrast 🙂 And then I experimented with whipped feta…I tell you guys…BEST decision ever. It fits so perfectly! Salty whipped feta with sweet caramelized onions and mushrooms.
You have to try it!
You should also try our other pizza recipes
If you make this super delicious caramelized onions and mushrooms pizza, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms Pizza
- BeastFeast Pizza Dough
- 200 g Feta
- 4 pcs Purple Onions
- 300 g Mushrooms mixed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 50 ml Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Handful Fresh Sage Leaves optional
- Prepare the pizza dough
- In a food processor mix feta, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with pepper. Mix it all well until you get smooth cream
- Spread whipped feta over pizza dough and bake it for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, slice the onion on thin ring shape and mushroom in cubes
- Place the pan over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil
- Add onions and cook for few minutes, until soften
- Add sugar and let I caramelize (be careful not to burn)
- Deglaze with red wine and balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is reduced
- Take out the pizza after 10 minutes and spread over caramelized onions and mushrooms, add sage on top just for the aroma (optional)
- Return in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes (until crust is golden brown)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!