Carrot Cake rolled into tasty moist cookies. Delicious carrot cake cookies with grated carrots, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Drizzled with cream cheese frosting. No, this is not a dream, I have it here for you!
Since days I already had this recipe in my mind. I was testing and baking some granola bars when this idea just crossed my mind. Since then I constantly think about it.
These carrot cake cookies just turned out, how I have imagined them. All the flavors of the carrot cake, with the nice hint of cinnamon, raisins and walnuts into a soft and chewy cookie are a quick alternative. They are easily portable and you don’t need a plate, like for the carrot cake. 🙂
Best part on every carrot cake? YES, right, the frosting. We couldn’t skip this of course. It’s sweet and tangy, rich and creamy and simply so delicious.
The key to soft, chewy cookies is to not overbake them. Take care to remove the cookies from the oven when the edges are slightly golden, and the center is set but slightly underdone. They will continue to bake to perfection as they cool.
Tipps for making these chewy carrot cake cookies
- Only soften the butter slightly, or the cookies will spread too much.
- Use a cookie scoop so that all of the cookies are the same size (I use a 2 tsp scoop).
- Bake the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Pull the cookies from the oven when the center is just slightly underdone – this will ensure a chewy cookie.
Can I freeze the cookies?
Yes! You can freeze frosted or unfrosted Carrot Cake Cookies.
- Place frosted or unfrosted completely cooled cookies on a baking sheet without touching.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer and freeze cookies until solid.
- Wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap and add to a freezer bag and seal.
- When ready to eat, remove desired number of cookies from freezer bag then remove from plastic wrap so condensation doesn’t form.
- Let Carrot Cake Cookies thaw on the counter for 15-20 minutes.
If you are making these chewy cookies, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 180 g Butter
- 220 g Brown Sugar
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 pcs Eggs Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- 50 g Carrots grated
- 30 g Walnuts chopped
- 70 g Raisins or Cranberries
- 180 g Oats
- 120 g Icing Sugar
- 30 g Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with parchment
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, then add vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until well-combined
- Stir in carrots, raisins/cranberries, walnuts and oats and mix until combined
- Form round ball (2cm in diameter) and put it onto the baking sheet. Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool
- For the glaze, beat together cream cheese, icing sugar, milk, and vanilla until combined
- Drizzle glaze over each cookie and let harden before serving
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!