These are the nachos with beef and cheese you are waiting for. It’s not SuperBowl yet, but Nachos are always a good idea for a good movie night. Seasoned ground beef, fresh tomatoes and spring onions make such a great flavor combination. And the best is all the melted cheese.
These nachos were inspired by a Mexican restaurant we’ve once been. When we ordered their nachos, we literally couldn’t see any nachos on that plate anymore. Everything was just a mountain of cheese. Underneath you could find some beef and nachos. Don’t get me wrong on this, I love cheese. But I thought there has to be a slightly healthier version than this from the restaurant.
“Nachos with beef and cheese can be a healthy snack as well”
So why not changing things or let’s better say…tune it. With fresh homemade pico de gallo it adds the little extra note.
Of course we wanted to create slightly a healthier version. This is always a good idea to keep things more healthy to make you feel better, isn’t it? So we used corn tortillas and baked them in the oven. It is really super quick and easy. Just be sure not to burn them, as they start to get brown pretty quick.
Are you addicted to nachos with cheese? Welcome in the club. For a fun fact you should read the nacho rules from Nagi’s Blog – they are super funny!
Enjoy these nachos with beef and cheese with our quick and easy Beastfeast Guacamole.
Dip it and enjoy your BeastFeast!
Cheesy Beef Nachos
- 6-8 pcs Corn Tortillas
- 400 g Minced Beef
- 1 pcs White Onion
- ½ tsp Grounded Cumin
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- Olive Oil
- 200 g Tomatoes
- Spring Onions
- Lemon Juice
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- 200 g Grated Cheese Mozzarella or Cheddar
- BeastFeast Guacamole
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 ºC
- Brush each tortilla both sides with some of the oil, and cut into 12 wedges. Repeat with all tortillas. Put all the wedges on 2 large baking sheets and bake for about 10 mins or until golden and crisp. Remove and set aside
- Turn up the oven to 200 ºC
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat and add oil, onion and peppers to the pan and saute 2 minutes, add the beef and cumin, smoked paprika, curry, salt & pepper. Cook until beef is thoroughly cooked and seasoning is well combined. Stirring occasionally
- For the salsa, cut the tomatoes and combine in a bowl with spring onion, garlic, lime juice and. Season with salt & pepper and set aside
- On a large baking pan, spread the beef and top it with the cheese
- Bake it in the oven for around 15 minutes, until the cheese is melting and gets golden brown
- Put it out and top it with the salsa mix
- Serve it with BeastFeast Guacamole and/or with SourCream
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!