Chicken satay can play so many roles on your table. It can be a perfect low carb solution served with boiled/steamed veggies (like broccoli) or a comfort weekend dinner together with warm yummy rice. In any case we are talking about chicken satay, doesn’t matter if chicken breasts or chicken skewers. So for me I really do not care what comes with it, as long as the sauce is creamy and rich from all those peanuts!
Should we talk about this creamy sauce? Of course you can always buy already pre-made satay sauce. But I have to tell you, it is so simple to prepare it at home.
Chicken in yummy peanut sauce!
As already known, we are here to try to make your life easier with busy week meals and this one is definitely one of those.
Chicken can be done in the oven as well, to make it easier. If you have some minutes extra, make an effort and grill it slowly to make it crispy outside and soft inside. Together with this homemade creamy peanut sauce – this makes a perfect combo.
If you make this chicken satay, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Chicken Breast in Peanut Sauce
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 120 g Dry Roasted Peanuts unsalted or Peanut Butter
- 80 ml Water
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- ½ tsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 140 ml Coconut Milk
- For the chicken, mix smoked paprika and curry with few drops of olive oil, season the chicken with salt and pepper and rub the mixture over the breasts
- Place a grilling pan over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil, once warm, add chicken breasta and lower the heat on low/medium. Grill on both sides for few minutes. - until golden and soft. Set aside
- In the meantime mix all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the sauce is smooth. If it is too thick, add more coconut milk and and adjust the taste if needed
- Once done, pour it in a pan and bring to boil
- Lower down the heat and add the chicken in, sprinkle over some crushed peanuts and fresh herbs - you are ready to serve it with rice or veggies
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!