Attention! This is not just another boring ordinary chicken recipe. This recipe will blow your mind. Homemade minced chicken, which means you actually know what is in your chicken. 🙂 This homemade chicken patties recipe is as good as it looks. Combined with creamy cauliflower purée, pak choi and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Creamy cauliflower purée as an amazing replacement for potato purée and with that we created for you the perfect low carb meal. You are very welcome! This fluffy cauliflower purée piled with these juicy chicken patties, no one is interested in the lack of carbohydrates. I promise you that!
Steamed Pak Choi is here just because it looks nice (just kidding), actually not kidding. It really looks good, but the taste is even better than the look.
All of those beautiful ingredients created one perfect and healthy low carb meal.
Cauliflower puree how you like it
The great thing about the cauliflower puree is its versatility, as it can be adjusted depending on the use. If it is mainly to accompany a dish with sauce, then it is advisable to refine the puree only with salt, pepper, nutmeg. To make it even more creamy, you can put in some butter.
The secret of the perfect cauliflower puree
Let us now turn to the subtleties and secrets of cauliflower puree. What makes a really good cauliflower puree? What sets the chef apart from the beginner?
We tell you: Good spices and the right seasoning method!
If you have ever eaten cauliflower puree and it tastes boring, then that was most likely due to the spices you use. And it does not even take much to raise the puree to a completely new level of taste! All you need is freshly grated nut meg and fresh pepper!
Minced chicken can be so delicious! These chicken cakes are super juicy, spicy, extra yummy.
Minced chicken patties recipe: Why you should mince by yourself?
- You know exactly which meat and which parts were used.
- The fat content is self-selectable.
- freshness and the taste of self-minced meat are unbeatable.
- It’s incredibly fun.
Tips for the perfect chicken patties:
- When buying minced meat, be sure to use high quality meat (best in organic quality). Otherwise, you are largely free in the choice of meat. Of course, the best is to mince the beef by your own. You should refrain from expensive tartar, it contains too little fat, so it loses much water during roasting and it will taste quite dry.
- With moistened hands, the meatballs can be formed better. So the mass does not stick to your fingers.
- Flatten the meatballs in the middle before frying so they are the same thickness everywhere. Otherwise they buckle when frying and become too thick.
- If you fry the meatballs in the pan, then preheat the oven to about 200 ºC. Then cook the meatballs just for 8 minutes till golden brown. So you can easily prepare a larger amount of meatballs and leave them in the oven to get fully cooked
- If you want, you can mix freshly chopped parsley with the mixture right at the beginning. This gives the meatballs a fresher flavor. But also spices are great. Let your imagination run free and season the meatballs classic with nutmeg, paprika, chilli or cayenne, exotic with turmeric, curry, cumin, fennel seed or ginger or Mediterranean with thyme, oregano and rosemary. Sky is the limit guys!
Can you freeze these chicken cakes?
These chicken patties are easy to freeze and keep well packed at least three months in the freezer.
If you make this chicken patties recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Chicken Patties with Cauliflower Purée
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breast minced
- 1 pcs Cauliflower medium sized
- 4 pcs Pak Choi
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes optional
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 pcs Onion finely chopped
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of Nut Meg
- In a big bowl, mix the minced chicken with onion and parsley, sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix it all together and shape into small patties
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil and warm it up (not a lot of oil, just to cover the surface of the pan). Once oil is warm enough place patties in the pan and lower down the heat. Cook 5-7 minutes then turn and repeat the same. Cook until golden brown. (Tipp: If you prepare more, put them in the oven while frying the others)
- In the meantime, bring ca. 1.5-2l of water to boil and add pieces of cauliflower. Boil until soft
- Once cauliflower is soft, drain it and place it in the food processor, gently and slowly mash the cauliflower and try to avoid higher speed of food processor not to create too smushy mass. At the end add cream cheese salt and pepper and mix all together with the spoon
- Steam Pak Choi in bamboo steamer
- (Optional) roast cherry tomatoes with garlic – heat up the oven to 180ºC. Place cherry tomatoes in an oven pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add whole cloves of garlic. Roast for 15-20 minutes (until tomatoes release the liquid)
- Serve all together at the same time
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!