Chicken skewers on a chickpea field are ultimate party recipe. Any party. Kids birthday or friends coming over for dinner and a bottle of wine. You can eat them with anything so they can as well be part of the low carb meal with a nice salad next to it.
Grilling season is still not over for us. Even if we have to wear a jacket next to to grill, it is worth it! We love our weber bbq grill and it is always a pleasure to use it. By now, you should have a feeling, how many different meals you can actually prepare with your bbq grill. But let’s dig deeper into our chicken skewers with hummus and chickpeas now.
In our case, we are addicted to hummus, so we decided to prepare it exactly how we like it, with a lot of spices and creamy hummus.
Don’t be afraid to be creative with chicken marinade. Here we have lemony chicken skewers on creamy fresh hummus and crispy chickpeas. And hey, grilled chicken skewers are made quickly and always taste good. If you like the lemony chicken taste, you should also try our cuban chicken.
Did you get inspired by our chicken skewers on a chickpea field? Tell us, how will you prepare your skewers?
If you make this chicken skewers recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Chicken Skewers on a Chickpea Field
- 600 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest of Lemon
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 can Chickpeas cooked
- 3 tbsp Tahini Sesame Paste
- 5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Grounded Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salad Leaves
- 1 pcs Avocado
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ can Chickpeas cooked
- Place the chickpeas in the food processor. Blend until only small bits remain
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water
- Preheat the oven on 180 ºC. Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Spice them with paprika powder, salt and pepper. Put them in the oven for 20min.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into cubes for skewering. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro or parsley, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper
For Chicken Skewers
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and mix it with the marinade, stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for 20 min.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 10-15min with occasional turning until they get golden brown
- Spoon the hummus onto a big plate. Add some salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and avocado. On top place the grilled chicken skewers. Drizzle with some olive oil
- Serve warm with pita bread on the side
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!