Sundays are for baking, right? These super soft Chocolate Pecan Nougat Cookies are one of the best chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate and nougat in one cookie – it doesn’t get better! 🙂
Not sure how you feel, but I love the fresh smell in the kitchen of freshly baked cookies. And the best cookies are the chewy soft ones. These Chocolate Pecan Nougat Cookies are worth all of the calories.
The best part is the combination of sweet chocolate and nougat combined with the sprinkled sea salt!
Using corn starch in baking cookies is kind of a game changer. We usually use cornstarch in preparing some savory dishes. But adding the starch into the cookie batter makes them softer than ever. And it doesn’t impact the flavor.
We already shared a bunch of cookie recipes. And there are quite some recipes, like the Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie where the dough does not need to chill. But to make sure, the nougat and the chocolate is not all over the baking sheet we put the batter to chill a little bit.
The colder the dough, the less the cookies are likely to over-spread. And you’ll have thicker and more solid cookies.
If you make this Chocolate Pecan Nougat Cookies recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Chocolate Pecan Nougat Cookies
- 170 g Butter softened
- 150 g Brown Sugar
- 50 g Sugar
- 1 pcs Egg room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 g All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 180 g Chocolate Chips semi sweet
- 70 g Pecan Nuts chopped
- 1 pkg Nougat
- Sea Salt to sprinkle
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until fluffy and light in color. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. (Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed)
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until evenly combined. (The cookie dough will be thick)
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans, then mix until evenly distributed. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 4 days. (Important: Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough so the cookies don’t over-spread)
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- The cookie dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together as you roll into individual balls with your hands. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, and arrange 5cm apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a few pieces of nougat onto the tops of the cookies and sprinkle each with sea salt
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. The centers will look soft
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!