Another BeastFeast Granola which will spice up your breakfast. This time we have crunchy homemade granola loaded with chocolate protein. In our breakfast bowls we are either using clean oats or our homemade granola. In case you are buying granola please check the ingredients in the back as usually it is packed with sugar.
Therefore, we encourage you to prepare homemade granola. It is not an act and you do not need to be a pro in the kitchen. Be creative and just mix all of yummy ingredients you would like to have in your dreamy granola. And once you try your own homemade granola, you won’t go back to store-bought granola. It’s so much better! Try our chocolate protein granola or our crunchy nutty granola.
Well + Good gives really good advices, why you should prepare and eat your own homemade granola. It’s worth a read!
Why is granola healthy?
Granola is an extremely popular breakfast and snack food with a variety of health benefits like lowering cholesterol, controlling digestion, helping to lose weight, and improving heart health. It also helps to increase energy, prevent anemia, and promote the proper functioning of the organs. Granola consumption also helps lower blood pressure, enhancing mental function, improving skin quality, building stronger bones, controlling diabetes, stimulating new tissue and hormonal development, and even cancer.
Chocolate Protein Granola
- 180 g Whole Oats
- 60 g Naturally sweetened Protein Powder
- 50 g Apple Sauce unsweetened
- 30 ml Syrup of Choice maple syrup, agave nectar
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 150 ºC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place oats and set aside
- Place the protein powder, apple juice, syrup, coconut oil and salt in a medium pan over medium heat. Whisk everything, until mixture is smooth, thick and creamy (and just beginning to bubble). Whisk in the vanilla extract at the end
- Pour the mixture over oats, stirring to combine and coat. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until granola is dry. Remove from oven and let cool completely on sheet. Stir in any dried fruit, if using
- Store cooled granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months
- Enjoy your BeastFeast
Suggested Spices: Ground cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and allspice.
Note: Protein and calorie content will vary slightly depending on type/brand of protein powder used.