This coconut chicken meatball curry is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, healthy and ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
If you are asking yourself why chicken meatballs, well yes, meatballs can be also done out of poultry and without tomato sauce.
Just in case you got inspired for some real deal beef meatballs, you have to try our Italian meatballs.
Anyway, the combination of juicy, tender oven-baked chicken meatballs cooked in a creamy coconut curry sauce is all you need to get some comfort to wrap up a working day!
Spices are bringing the magical flavor to your weeknight dinner. I really love curry recipes as you can throw almost everything together and let it just simmer with your favorite ingredients inside. Served over fresh steamy rice and topped with lime mango salsa is a healthy and delicious quick weeknight meal.
How to prepare the meatballs
This time we actually did it quite different than we usually cook our meatballs. They normally are getting cooked through in the sauce. Not only does it save a few dishes, but it also ensures that the meatballs are juicy and tender while they are stewing in the coconut curry sauce.
But if you are new in the minced chicken business, you might know the crucial part, when the meat is just sticky. Placing the meatballs on a baking sheet is super easy and really fast. And no worries, it really creates super nice juicy chicken meatballs. And you do not even need breadcrumbs in the chicken. Trust me, they perfectly hold together and will not fall apart! 🙂
As soon as you are putting the meatballs in the sauce, they will soak up and everything gets so creamy! I really love it!
Feel free to toss in some bell peppers or some broccoli as well. We wanted to keep them as simple as possible.
Can I freeze the chicken meatballs?
Of course, you can freeze the meatballs with the sauce. Store it in an airtight container and thaw the curry first for a day in the fridge. Then put it in the freezer and the next time you have a quick 10 minutes dinner.
If you make this amazing coconut chicken meatball curry, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Coconut Chicken Meatball Curry
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breast minced
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 2 pcs Spring Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 pcs Shallots finely chopped
- Fresh Ginger grated
- 3 tbsp Thai Curry Paste red or yellow
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Fresh Lime Juice optional
- Handful Fresh Cilantro optional
- Pomegranate for serving
- Fresh steamed Rice for serving
- 1 pcs Fresh Mango diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment
- In a big bowl, mix the chicken, spring onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and knead to combine everything
- Roll the meat into tablespoon sized balls (Tipp: Coat your hands with a bit of oil – this avoids sticking the meat to your hands)
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until they are crips and cooked through
- In the meantime, heat up a pan over medium heat. Add oil, shallots and ginger. Cook until fragrant and season it with salt and pepper
- Stirr in the curry paste and stir for about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce. Stir to combine and bring it to boil
- Add the meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until the sauce is getting thicker
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Keep some cilantro on the side to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the mango with the lime juice and the zest. Add salt and pepper if desired
- Serve the meatballs over a bowl of rice. Top it with the mango salsa and some pomegranate seeds. Add cilantro if desired
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!