Jump to Recipe
Rainy meatless Monday. This hearty warming Coconut Green Lentil Daal dish will come as a big reward for surviving the day. One of the biggest reasons why we love daal, iss the fact of one pot meals. I am completely obsessed with one pot recipes; they make my life so much easier. The result is always a meal bursting from taste. This delightful plant-based course is high in protein, superbly spiced and profoundly tasty.
Coconut milk is the key for the creaminess and all those spices are perfect addition for a special twist to this hearty meal.
This creamy daal fits perfectly with our Naan bread.
If you make this Coconut Green Lentil Daal, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Coconut Green Lentil Daal
- 800 ml Coconut Milk
- 400 g Red Lentils
- 2 pcs Tomatoes chopped
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Grounded Cumin
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Grounded Coriander
- 1 tsp Grounded Tumeric
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the pan over a medium high heat and drizzle in olive oil
- Once oil is warm enough add chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes (until golden)
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and all the spices, stir well and cook for few minutes
- Add lentils and pour in the coconut milk
- Bring everything to the boil and lower the heat
- Cook uncovered for about 1 hour until thick and creamy (stir every 10 minutes to make sure it doesn't stick - add a splash of water if it feels like lentils needs more liquids to soak)
- Serve immediately with Naan bread
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!