Coconut milk mushroom soup is all the comfort you need these days. My absolute most favourite cream soup is a mushroom soup with coconut milk. Super easy and quick to prepare. A healthy and creamy vegan mushroom soup!
I love mushroom soup!
Even in restaurants, the mushroom soup always tastes soooo damn good. But I am trying not to order it as I know it is full of heavy cream. So, for some time I am thinking how to make yummy, creamy and hearty mushroom cream soup without adding heavy cream in it.
The logical answer is, coconut milk. And guys, it really works. It is super creamy and yummy, but more important; no bloated tummy for me after eating it.
One of our most beloved soup recipes is our creamy tahini broccoli soup and therefore I needed to do this with mushrooms!
Creamy mushroom soup from scratch has a depth of flavor that’s healthy and so much better than canned soups, thanks to fresh ingredients and herbs.
If you make this vegan mushroom soup recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Let’s make coconut milk mushroom soup together!
Coconut Milk Mushroom Soup
- 1 pcs Onion
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 500 g Mushrooms your choice
- 100 ml White Wine
- 500 ml Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful Fresh Parsely to garnish
- 1 pcs Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Chop the onions and garlic, slice the mushrooms
- Place a large pot over medium heat, drizzle some olive oil and add onion and garlic. Cook on lower temperature for 5 minutes
- Add mushrooms, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Pour in the wine and cook until wine liquid reduce by half
- Once wine is reduced, add veggie broth and bring it all to simmer. Cook it for 15 minutes
- In the last few minutes pour in the coconut milk (in the end add corn starch mixed with a bit of coconut milk if you want to get it thicker)
- Once done sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve it in beautiful coconut bowls (Tipp:if you want to get more soup, add more veggie broth and coconut milk)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!