Shrimps! Fried shrimps! We all love them, but feel guilty after eating them. It is not a secret how all that fried food is super delicious but as well not healthy at all. With a bit of creativity you can prepare even more tasty food which is not deep fried in oil. This coconut shrimp recipe will be welcomed at your crowd. Sweet and juicy shrimps and a crispy coconut crust. And the best, they are not greasy, because we bake them.
So crispy outside and juicy from the inside. Our shrimps are coated with coconut which gives an extra sweet flavor. You don’t need much ingredients for it. We are using coconut milk instead of eggs, to get our coconut flakes onto the shrimp. It’s a quick 2 step process: the shrimp take a dunk into the coconut milk and a deep bath into the coconut flakes. All you have to do then, is to spread them on the baking tray with parchment paper and put it in the oven. Perfect to serve as an appetizer.
Make sure to buy shrimps, which are peeled and deveined with tails left on. The tails are optional but they usually make it much easier to bread the shrimp and is a natural handle for eating the shrimp.
Oh I almost forgot, aioli is a the dip you need for this crispy coconut shrimp recipe.
Can I make this coconut shrimp recipe also in the air fryer?
Absolutely yes! I would say, there is almost no difference, but sometimes the air fryer is a great option. It quickly crisps up the exterior, keeping the shrimp plump and juicy. Get your air fryer up to 200 ºC and “fry” them for around 8 minutes.
Finger Food you may like as well
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 60 g Unsweetened shredded Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 120 ml Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1½ tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 500 g Peeled Shrimps
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, mix together coconut flour, shredded coconut, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut milk and coconut aminos
- Dip each shrimp into the liquid mixture and then into the dry mixture to coat
- Prepare a baking paper and place coated shrimps on it
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown
- Serve it with aioli
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!