Creamy cheesy fennel broccoli gratin. Who doesn’t like gratin, or better question who doesn’t like melted cheese? This time we went for low carb version. I was a bit sceptic, not about broccoli but about fennel and on top we experimented with coconut milk. It is so yummy!
Amazing and full of flavor. This fennel broccoli gratin is a perfect match to a nice steak from the grill.
If you make this fennel broccoli casserole, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Creamy Cheesy Fennel Broccoli Gratin
- 1 pcs Broccoli Big head
- 1 pcs Fennel
- 1 can Coconut Milk full-fat
- 125 g Cheese grated
- 2 tsp Corn Starch optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Heat up the oven to 180ºC
- Cut the broccoli into pieces and boil it (not completely, it should be still bit crunchy)
- In the meantime cut the fennel, place the pan over medium heat and drizzle in some olive oil. Cook the fennel for few minutes, until soften. Season with salt and pepper
- In a small pan, heat up the coconut milk, add corn starch and mix it well. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute, until it gets thicker (you can avoid this step if you don’t want to thicken coconut milk)
- In an casserole pan, mix broccoli and fennel, pour in the coconut milk and sprinkle the grated cheese on top
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until golden brown
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!