Jump to Recipe
Fridge full of zucchini and you need an idea for a quick and tasty meal? We have the answer – crispy zucchini fritters! Crispy from the outside and cloudy soft from the inside. You need just 5 main ingredients and few secrets tricks.
These fritters are wonderfully nutritious, low in calories and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies for those picky eaters. The best part is, you can serve them as a snack, an appetizer, or even a light lunch!
I deliberately chose pure zucchini puffers in the recipe and did not shred potato or carrot into the dough to experience the pure taste of fresh grated zucchini.
The zucchini fritters are delicious as a side dish or a light snack. Purely the small puffers are wonderfully crunchy with intense herbal aroma, but you can also enjoy them with a dip. It is important that you squeeze the grated zucchini well to make sure, the water does not soften the fritters. You can choose the herbs according to your taste.
The low calorie zucchini is also a very healthy vegetable. Because it contains vitamin C and vitamin K. This strengthens your immune system and is good for your muscles and bones. Also potassium, which is essential for various metabolic processes, magnesium, which strengthens your muscles and iron.
You should also try our Healthy Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Bread, a juicy zucchini bread with melting dark chocolate chunks.
- 500 grams Zucchini
- 1 large Egg
- 30 grams Parmesan grated
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 75 grams Flour
- ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Yoghurt or Sour Cream (we prefer Skyr mixed with Greek yoghurt)
- Grate zucchini and place in a bowl, sprinkle with salt (that helps zucchini to release more water), Mix and leave aside for 10 minutes
- Squeeze out excess water using hands (or kitchen towel if you like dirty, slimy, green kitchen towel after) then place zucchini in a bowl
- Add egg (Trick 1: Add whole egg white and half an egg yolk – a bit tricky but it is worth it), after add all remaining ingredients
- Mix until all is combined and you can create nice ‘patties’
- Trick 2: Build zucchini patties upfront and place them on a plate next to the heating pan
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat, once oil is warm enough place zucchini patties in the pan
- Trick 3: Lower down the heat, it takes longer but you will get crispy out side and soft inside feeling. Cook for 3 minutes until golden and flip with spatula and repeat the same procedure
- Serve immediately with topping you like (Greek yoghurt, Skyr…)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!