Meatless Monday hits again.
If this Monday kicked your ass as well + you are fighting with January mood, you know what you need?
Warm hearty curried chickpeas in coconut milk with fluffy homemade naan. YES PLEASE! This is the soulfood recipe we need right now!
This will warm you up and help you to survive the week ahead. Definitely good start of the week. Even though we love to cook, there are always nights where Basti and I need to get dinner on the table fast. The two of us are always experimenting and on the lookout for the best concepts for quick and easy dinner recipes. And this made it to the table.
Don’t forget to eat the food that brings you joy 🙂 It takes only about 20 minutes to make! Warm spices and coconut milk make it one the most tastiest things you can make in that short time window.
Curried chickpeas in coconut milk
- It takes about 20 minutes to make. Of course, this depends on your ability to chop a few veggies quickly. But the cook time is only 15 minutes, making this a super fast meal!
- It’s a healthy dinner full of plant-based protein. Chickpeas and sweet potatos bring loads of nutrients, along with the veggie-based sauce. It makes for a healthy, filling plant based dinner.
- It’s got big flavor. Onion, garlic make an aromatic base, and coriander and the curry paste put it over the top. It’s got a swirl of coconut milk at the end for creamy body.
If you make this chickpea curry with coconut milk, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Curried Chickpeas in Coconut Milk
- 2 cans Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 pcs Sweet Potato large
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 pcs Onion chopped
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove minced
- 3 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful Fresh Coriander
- Chili Flakes optional
- Yoghurt spoon in each portion
- Heat up a large pan over medium heat
- Peel and finely chop the onion and mince the garlic clove
- Peel sweet potato and cut into about 2cm cubes, (Tipp: The bigger the cubes the longer they take to cook.)
- Once the pan is hot, add some oil to the pan and then add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is glassy. (Tipp: If serving over freshly steamed rice, now is a good time to start preparing that)
- Add curry paste and mix it well with the onion
- Add coconut milk, sweet potato and chickpeas and stir well. Make sure all sweet potato cubes are well submerged in liquid so they cook fast
- Bring to boil and once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer (medium low)
- Let simmer uncovered until sweet potato is cooked through and sauce has thickened (20-30 minutes), stirring mid through and making sure again all sweet potato pieces are submerged in liquid at all times
- Salt and pepper to taste if necessary, then serve over steamed white rice or naan
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander and a little bit of chill flakes for extra spice
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!