Nothing better than a quick, easy and delicious recipe. This falafel wrap does it’s job and is not just quickly prepared. It also is super delicious and healthy.
You are already familiar with our love for Middle Eastern cuisine. Falafel is as well one of the most popular dishes of that cuisine. What I love about falafel is how you can eat it in milion different ways.
Stuffed in pita bread, on a salad, in a wrap or even as a side dish…. sky is the limit
Important is to master the recipe and then you can get as creative as you want.
These green wraps with oven-baked falafel, fresh kale, and crunchy cucumber + homemade tangy lemon tahini sauce are so yummy just for your tummy.
If you make this falafel wrap with oven baked falafel, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
If you like the Middle Eastern cuisine and this falafel wrap as much as we do, you should try:
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 1 pcs Onion
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Juice of Lemon
- Handful Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- Handful Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 4 pcs Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Handful Fresh Kale
- 1 pcs Avocado sliced
- ½ pcs Cucumber sliced
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 3 tbsp Joghurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Drain the chickpeas into a sieve, rinse off with cold water and drain well
- Dice the onion and garlic and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp oil, remove from heat and leave to cool
- Chop the coriander and parsley leaves. Add chickpeas, onion mixture, cumin, lemon juice, sesame paste and chickpea flour and baking powder to the food processor and finely chop them. Season with salt and pepper
- Now make small balls out of the chickpea dough, about 2 cm in diameter. Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and press a little flat
- Then bake them in preheated oven for about 7 minutes, then turn the falafel, brush with a little oil and bake for another 10 minutes
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the lemon tahini sauce together and set aside
- Slice the avocado and cucumber in thin slices
- Take a wrap and spread some sauce in the middle section. Layer the kale, avocado, cucumber and falafel on it
- Fold over the sides to overlap in the middle and roll together
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!