It is that time of the week again. Mid-week and we see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, is there a better way to celebrate this magical mid-week day than with Pizza? Don’t think so…especially with this special feta and caramelised onion pizza.
Pizza Wednesday never gets old and boring. So many ideas and inspirations. In the end, with a simple and good homemade dough – whatever your topping is, you can’t go wrong.
This Wednesday we made a feta base pizza with a loooot of caramelised onions. Amazing sweet and salty combo. Just love it!
Pizza Lover? Try these pizza recipe creations!
If you make this feta and caramelised onion pizza, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Feta Based Onion Pizza
- Beastfeast Pizza Dough
- 200 g Feta
- 4 pcs Purple Onions
- Olive Oil
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 50 ml Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Prepare the pizza dough
- In a food processor mix feta, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with pepper. Mix it all well until you get smooth cream
- Spread whipped feta over pizza dough and bake it for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, slice the onion on thin ring shape
- Place the pan over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil
- Add onions and cook for few minutes, until soften
- Add sugar and let it caramelize (be careful not to burn)
- Deglaze with red wine and balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is reduced
- Take out the pizza after 10 minutes and spread over caramelized onions, add fresh rosemary on top (optional)
- Return in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes (until crust is golden brown)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!