This Hasselback sweet potatoes recipe is the only one you will need in your life. I am truly amazed by myself how these potatoes have turned out this time. Crispy baked on the outside and fork-tender on the inside. Same as fries or crispy potato wedges, these Hasselback sweet potatoes can be served with absolutely anything. Sweet potatoes loaded with feta and pomegranate and fresh parsley.
Hasselback potatoes are a new way to enjoy your sweet potatoes or to serve them on your next party. They look like little accordions and are an eyecatcher for sure. Seriously….put them on the plate and it will be the star of that plate!
The only time-consuming step is slicing the potatoes into thin slices. The rest is super quick and easy done. The usual baking time for Hasselback potatoes is almost an hour. But as we’ve peeled them this time, we reduced the baking time as well. When buying the sweet potatoes, make sure that they are roughly the same size. This is important so that they have approximately the same baking time when baking.
This time we had pretty big sweet potatoes, so we halved them all in the middle. This also reduces the baking time a little. And we make sure that they are nice and soft inside.
How to cut the Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Place the sweet potatoes on a cutting board and cut thin compartments along the sweet potatoes. You can choose the thickness of the slices as you like. You just want to make sure you don’t cut all the way down. Remember to lower the sweet potato by just ¾.
To make sure that you don’t cut the potatoes completely, I would recommend using chopsticks. Place them on the two long sides of the potato and then cut the potato.
If you make these Hasselback Sweet potatoes with Feta and Pomegranate, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Enjoy this Hasselback Sweet Potatoes recipe with
Best Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 4 pcs Sweet Potatoes
- Handful Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 150 g Feta Cheese
- Fresh Parsely
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- 1 pcs Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bake the oven at 200ºC and line the baking sheet with baking paper. Alternatively, you can also work without baking paper, but you should grease the tray
- Peel the sweet potatoes and halve them. If you have smaller potatoes, you don't have to cut them in half
- Now cut the potatoes into compartments with a knife but work very carefully. The potato still must hold together
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, parsley and garlic and half of the lemon juice. Brush enough over all potatoes
- Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare the pomegranate seeds and feta
- After about 10 minutes, brush the olive oil over the sweet potatoes again and bake for the remaining 20 minutes (Tipp: The baking time depends largely on the size of the sweet potatoes)
- Once the sweet potatoes are crispy, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes
- Then crumble the fresh pomegranate seeds and the feta over the potatoes. Spice with Salt and pepper. Decorate with parsley, drizzle some fresh lemon juice and serve with meat or fish
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!