It’s time to get back on track peeps! Did you enjoy the last couple of weeks with your family and loved ones? I really love the cozy time with some mulled wine and cookies at home.
Buuuuut, enough dreaming and recapturing now. 🙂 We start the year right away with some new healthy creations. A fresh glazed almond quinoa salad with purple carrots and edamame is just right after these days. Complex carbs and vitamins are important.
I know so many people who are jumping now on the detox and low carb wagon and fail after a couple of weeks. But why starve yourself? This is not the right way! Your body needs carbs, good and healthy carbs. Did you ever take a look in our Carbs 101? Basti has explained everything in detail about carbs, and why our body needs those micronutrition’s.
This time we served it with grilled chicken breast. And on top glazed almonds. They are heavenly crunchy and give this dish the little twist!
Let’s start 2020 with this glazed almond quinoa salad with oven baked veggies and get back on track! We will have you covered for many more recipes in the next weeks!
Have a great week!
Glazed Almond Quinoa Salad with Purple Carrots and Edamame
- 150 g Quinoa
- 2 pcs Carrots
- Handful Fresh Edamame Beans
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- Handful Almonds
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful Fresh Mint
- Preheat the oven on 180ºC
- Rinse the quinoa with hot water then pour in a pot and cook with two cups water and covered with a lid until all liquid is absorbed
- Chop the carrots in small sticks. In a small bowl, add olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper and add the carrots. Mix everything till evenly coated and put everything on a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes, until the carrots become tender
- In the meantime, mix in a small bowl olive oil, maple syrup and add the almonds. After 10 minutes add the almonds on the baking sheet and bake it for additional 10 minutes
- Cool down the warm quinoa under cold water, mix together with carrots and edamame beans and almonds
- Mix olive oil, maple syrup, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper
- Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa and mix until juicy - taste with lemon, salt and pepper
- Decorate with fresh herbs on top
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!