Fish Friday means only one thing…weeeeekend is finally here. For this reason, it is always so fun to create new yummy recipes that will help you to celebrate week end and the weekend ahead 😉 A flavourful and healthy Greek-Inspired dinner idea with this Greek salmon bowl.
Without any doubt salmon is always our Go To fish. There are so many options how to prepare it. If you need some more ideas, check out all our salmon recipes.
This time we went for grilled salmon spiced with sweet smoked paprika with grilled and fresh veggies all topped with yummy herbal yoghurt and fresh saffron rice pilaf.
Of course you can also add normal tzatziki, but there is nothing better than fresh herbs with yoghurt.
Can’t say no to that, right? And no worries, if you want to skip the grains, just load your bowl with more fresh greens and you have the perfect Greek salmon salad bowl.
Happy Friday and stay healthy!
If you make this Greek salmon bowl., make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Greek Salmon Bowl
- 250 g Rice
- ¼ tsp Good Quality Saffron Threads
- 375 ml Water
- 600 g Fresh Salmon Fillet
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pcs Eggplant
- 2 pcs Tomatoes big
- 1 pcs Cucumber
- Handful Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Dill, Mint)
- 5 tbsp Skyr or low fat Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Saffron Rice Pilaf
- Take one half of the 1/4 tsp saffron threads and put them in a spice mortar. Grind the spice with a pestle to a powdery consistency
- Add a second pinch of saffron threads to the mortar. Do not crush these threads
- Pour 60 ml hot water into the mortar. Let the saffron soak for 5 minutes. This will open up the flavor of the spice
- Heat up a large pot over medium heat and add some olive oil. Add the rice and stir for one minute.
- Pour the yellow saffron liquid evenly across the top of the rice and stir for around 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the water. Let the rice cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, but keep pot covered, and continue to let the rice sit and steam in the covered pot for 10 minutes longer.
- Season the salmon fillet with salt, pepper, sweet smoked paprika and garlic powder
- Place grill pan over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. First place the salmon on the side without the skin and grill for 3-4 minutes then turn it to the skin side and grill more for 2-3 minutes. Once done, place a side
- In the meantime slice the eggplant and grill them on few drops of olive oil, just a minute on each side
- In the same pan, grill the tomato which you cut in half.
- For the herbal yoghurt mix yoghurt with chopped mixed veggies (squeeze of lemon juice is optional)
- Slice the cucumber
- After grilling all ingredients you are ready to create your bowl
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!