Jump to Recipe
Should I even be honest and tell you how we came up with these baked eggplant with avocado?
We were travelling couple of weeks ago to Croatia and we had still some stuff in the fridge. After coming home, tummy was already hurting, and standing in front of the fridge we needed to react quick. We needed to prepare something we knew we will like and not complain after, we could have done better.
Baked Eggplant with Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes
Griddled eggplants were the winner. But of course not without our beloved tahini. If you ask yourself why w topped veggies with veggies and again veggies… I don’t know, but it was absolutely delicious. Oven-roasted cherry tomatoes and smashed avocado on top was the highlight.
Again, I was really surprised how tasty it is. Especially with our BeastFeast simple guacamole.
Again the proof, how we should not be afraid to mix the food we love. Our baked eggplant with avocado is a must-try and everyone can prepare this easy, healthy, vegan meal.
You can eat it warm, directly after roasting eggplants or even as cold a leftover. I actually did both, as we’ve brought our leftover to work the next day. Now I am not even sure what is better!
By the way, did you know, the eggplant originally comes from India. In China, it was already cultivated in pre-Christian times. The Saracens met them in Arabia and probably brought them to Spain in the 13th century. Because the former varieties were still yellow or white and had the shape of a hen’s egg, this earned them the name “eggplant”. The word “eggplant” probably goes back to the Catalan term for this vegetable. From Spain, Solanum melongena only reached Italy in the next two centuries and finally to all of Europe, where it became an important part of Mediterranean cuisine. Just to let you know! 🙂
Griddled Eggplant with Avocado Smash Topping
- 3 pcs Eggplant mid size
- BeastFeast Guacamole
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Cut each eggplant on half and with the knife make diagonal stripes on each half ( flat side ). Place eggplant of baking sheet facing flat size up. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder and drizzle over olive oil
- Place them on baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until they got soft
- In parallel cut on half cherry tomatoes, place them in baking tray, sprinkle over salt, pepper and garlic powder and drizzle over olive oil. Would be god if you can place them as well in the oven at the same time with eggplants. Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Once eggplant and cherry tomatoes are done leave them aside to cool down
- In the meantime, prepare BeastFeast guacamole
- On each eggplant half spread with spoon guacamole, place few roasted cherry tomatoes and drizzle with tahini
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!