Ok, can we have a quick talk about this grilled cheese sandwich? This is something I eat when I am home alone. Grilled cheese sandwich with figs, prosciutto and gorgonzola. It is absolutely delicious! You should know, Basti is not the biggest cheese fan and especially gorgonzola combined with figs. But on the other hand, I think it is already well known how I am a BIG cheese lover and this combo for me is the top gourmet sandwich.
You know what is my secret with this one? Let me tell you. Butter! Here are my top 3 tips for an amazing grilled cheese sandwich:
- One of the main parts: Butter – Don’t save on that.
You have to have enough butter to get the crispy, buttery, golden crust we all want.
- Good sandwich needs good bread.
Not every kind of bread is a good fit. Get some whole grain or normal sourdough bread. This goes perfectly with the butter.
- Bring your cheese to melt.
Cover your pan, while the cheese sandwich is grilling. This method melts the cheese quicker and you avoid to burn the bread from the outside.
Crispy bread toasted in butter with melted gorgonzola, sweet juicy fig and salty prosciutto. I cannot repeat it enough.
Let´s toast it!
Fig Prosciutto Grilled Gorgonzola Sandwich
- 4 pcs Fresh Sourdough Bread Slices
- 100 g Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 pcs Fresh Figs aim for big ones
- 4 Slices Fresh Prosciutto
- Handful Fresh Rucola
- 2 tbsp Butter salted
- Place the frying pan on the medium heat and melt the butter
- Spread gorgonzola cheese on bread slice, cut the figs on thin slices and add 2-3 slices on gorgonzola, add 2 slices of prosciutto and cover all with another slice of bread (repeat the same depends on how many sandwiches you want)
- Once butter is melted place sandwiches in the pan AND on top of them place another pan or something similar and heavy to press sandwiches to grill
- Grill them for 2 minutes on medium heat and turn around then repeat the same (until golden brown)
- Before serving add on top fresh rucola
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!