Meatless Monday strikes again. This time with an overloaded and overcrowded Buddha Bowl with halloumi. Honestly, I am not a big fan of Buddha Bowls, not sure why?! They taste good and they look good, but I rarely prepare them. If you ask me, Buddha Bowl is actually just a trend, in the end it is just a big plate full of leftovers (at least in my case) 🙂
But in those rare times when I prepare a Buddha Bowl, I do it the right way. JWith all the best of the rest from fridge. Let’s be realistic, we all face that time of the week when we have leftovers and not sure how to eat them and with what. Buddha Bowl is the answer.
Let’s see what we have here….Roasted Buddha Bowl with grilled Halloumi and roasted veggies – parmesan eggplant (!!!), crispy chickpeas and sweet potato.
Play with your ingredients and be creative, I promise, you can’t go wrong! 🙂
Are you a Buddha Bowl Fan – try these bowls:
If you are making this buddha bowl with halloumi, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Halloumi Buddha Bowl
- 1 pcs Eggplant
- 1 pcs Sweet Potato
- 6 tbsp Quinoa cooked
- 250 g Halloumi Cheese
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- Fresh Salad your choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the eggplant and place it on a baking sheet, sprinkle parmesan over each slice. Add salt and pepper
- Peel and slice sweet potato, season them with salt and pepper and place it on the baking sheet next to eggplant
- Wash and drain the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper (add any other spice you wish), spread it on the same baking sheet (or another one if it does not fit)
- Drizzle over all veggies some olive oil. Place them in the oven and roast everything for 10-15 minutes. Until golden and crispy
- In the meantime, place a grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle in some olive oil and grill Halloumi on both sides for few minutes (until golden)
- Once all is ready, create your Budha Bowl with all the veggies, halloumi, cooked quinoa and fresh green salad
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!