Fish Friday felt never more as a cheat day! 🙂 But with this oven baked fish and chips recipe definetley not!!! Crispy oven baked cod fish breaded in a breadcrumb flour mixture. Served with homemade fresh fries and tartare sauce. A simple meal the whole family loves.
Healthy Classic Fish & Chips does exist?
Healthy version of Fish and Chips really do exist. The outside is crispy and has a golden brown color. The inside is popping hot, soft and super tender.
Crispy Cod fish with crispy fries, and the best part – ALL oven baked!
Just a squeeze of lemon once it’s done and served with fresh healthy sauce tartare – NO MAYO!
This oven baked fish and chips is real food for your soul!
If you make this fish and chips recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Other Tasty Cod Fish Recipes
Healthy Classic Fish & Chips
- 2 pcs Cod Fish Fillet 800g
- 1 pcs Egg
- Flour and Breadcrumbs coating
- 300 g Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Skyr
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp White Aceto Balsamico
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lemon sliced
- Heat up the oven to 180°C and prepare a baking sheet with parchament paper
- Cut each fillet in half to get 4 smaller pieces
- Whisk the egg in a wider bowl – season with salt and pepper
- Mix flour and breadcrumbs in another wide bowl
- Dip each piece of fish first in egg than in flour breadcrumb mix – make sure you coat the fish on both sides even
- Place coated fish pieces on baking sheet and drizzle over a bit of olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown
- In the meantime, peal and cut the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, add the olive oil and mix it all well. Place them on a baking tray and place in the oven – below the fish
- Bake until golden brown
- While fish and chips are baking prepare the sauce tartare – in a bowl mix Skyr, mustard, aceto balsamico, parley, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil
- Once done, squeeze lemon over fish and chips and serve with sauce tartare
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!