This easy almond herb crusted feta is the perfect appetizer that everyone will love. Or as a main course you serve this baked feta cheese recipe with a big bowl of green crunchy salad. Salty feta coated with a tasty almond herb mix and baked to perfection. A great quick-and-easy appetizer for any occasion that’s gone within minutes, if you are in a rush!
Served with fresh thyme, cherry tomatoes and drizzled with honey. On top of all the yumminess, this recipe is completely low carb. Within a couple of minutes, you can prepare an amazing low carb meal.
Since feta is a non-melting cheese, it’s really easy to work with and will not melt all over. Instead, the outside wit the almond crust remains crispy, while the inside is warm, soft, and perfectly crumbly.
If you make this oven baked feta cheese recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Herbal Almond Crusted Feta
- 400 g Feta Cheese
- 120 g Almonds blended
- Handful Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Dill, Mint)
- 1 pcs Egg
- 300 g Cherry Tomatoes
- Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and the herbs together
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl
- Add the almond herb mixture to a separate shallow bowl. Dip the feta through the egg, turning to coat, remove and allow any excess to drip off. Dredge the feta through the almond mix, turning to coat and pressing gently to adhere
- Place them on the baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil over
- Put the feta in the oven and bake it for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, thyme, and a pinch of salt
- Serve the feta warm, drizzled with honey, thyme, and tomatoes
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!