A simple burger is all you need. At least almost we do. I truly am not the biggest fan of all those fancy new burger restaurants where you can order these super stacked big burgers with some fancy toppings. Don’t get me wrong, I like the food, but I almost never ate one of those fancy burgers, which did not fall apart.
And what is wrong with just a simple nice burger?
Ok…Why am I actually telling you this, when I want to showcase you this amazing herby lamb burger with sweet beetroot relish and salty whipped feta. Let’s consider the simplicity…Yes it is almost like a cheeseburger without much fuss…
The mix off Baharat spiced lamb, the sweet beetroot with the combination of salty whipped feta is the perfect combination of this burger. All between two toasted brioche bun slices….Wow, I am drooling! It is so tasty!
I am even willing to say you can substitute the whipped feta cream with guacamole, if you feel more guaci! 🙂 Basti understands you! 🙂
Cut some potatoes, in the oven and you have your potato wedges ready with this amazing lamb feta burger.
Can I substitute the lamb feta burger with beef?
I know not everyone likes lamb. Opinions are divided on lamb. Some do not like the characteristic taste at all, others love the meat precisely for this reason.
Lamb meat is extremely healthy (low fat content, many vitamins and minerals).
The more species-appropriate the sheep are kept, the better the meat quality. The taste of the meat differs according to the season (in winter, the Stalll is fed with grain and hay, in summer the sheep on the alpine pasture eats fresh herbs and grasses).
You can always substitute your lamb with some fresh meat, if you do not like the lamb taste.
If you make this lamb feta burger, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Herby Lamb Burger with Sweet Beetroot Relish
Whipped Feta Cream
- 200 g Feta
- 50 g Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 300 g Beetroot cooked
- 1 pcs Purple Onion
- 80 ml Water
- 30 g Sugar
- 60 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp All Spices
- In a big bowl, mix the lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, Baharat spice, chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well and shape the mixture into four patties
- Heat up a grilling pan over medium high heat and add some olive oil
- Once hot, grill the patties on both sides for a few minutes. (I prefer lamb patties to be well done)
- In the meantime, prepare the beetroot relish and the whipped feta
- In a food processor mix feta, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with pepper. Mix it all well until you get smooth cream
- For the relish, slice the beetroot. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients for the beetroot relish and mix till evenly coated Set aside and let it soak
- Chargrill or toast the buns and spread with feta cream. Arrange the lettuce leaves, burger patties, and beetroot relish on top. Serve immediately
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!