Salmon is one of our all-season favorite. Fits as comfort food and healthy version. Up to you and your cravings. Any side dish fits perfectly. We have a bunch of salmon recipes still to share with you but this honey mustard glazed salmon is a basic one, which is really easy to prepare, with some fancy pomegranate on top.
When I say salmon, you say honey-mustard! Salmon -> honey-mustard. Oh yes. That is a classy combo and no way you can go wrong with it. I would recommend you to bake the salmon on lower temperature for longer time to avoid burning honey-mustard glaze.
Baking Salmon on low temperature
Baking salmon at a higher heat for a shorter amount of time, the proteins coil up and are constricted, causing the oils secrete and make the fish dry, chewy, and chalky. When you cook salmon at a lower temperature, it coils the proteins more slowly, allowing the fish to retain its moisture and oils, giving it that melt-in-your-mouth texture. This is how you want your salmon and it is really important for your glaze not to burn.
It can be served with just a salad or for a more soul foodie meal with roasted potatoes.
You like this honey mustard glazed salmon, you may also like these recipes:
- Glazed Salmon Fillet
- Grilled Eggplant Salmon Salad with Pesto Dressing
- Roasted Teriyaki Salmon and Pak Choi
Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon with Pomegranate
- 750 g Fresh Salmon Fillet
- 3 tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful Fresh Pomegranate
- Lemon Slices depends on the size of the fillet
- Preheat the oven on 160 °C
- Place the salmon filet on a parchment paper and try to get out all the small bones
- In a small bowl mix honey and mustard, you can adjust amounts, it depends on your taste and the size of your salmon fillet
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the salmon fillet and with the basting brush and glaze the fillet. Place on top lemon slices
- Place it together with the parchment paper on the tray and put the salmon in the oven. Trick: After 10-15 minutes take out the salmon and glaze it again with basting brush
- Bake the salmon for ca. 30min (depends on size and thickness of the fillet). If you want the inside more pinky, rather bake the salmon little bit shorter
- When done, sprinkle over pomegranate and serve it with a side dish of your choice
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!