This pearl couscous salad recipe I wanted to made for months but I had only one challenge, I couldn’t find pearl Couscous. That is typical Israeli (middle eastern) couscous which is not that usual so hard to find in supermarkets.
It is not a secret how much we are in love with Israeli food. In fact, I think core of BeastFeast is based on Israeli food. More or less.
One weekend we were invited for the party for which we should have prepared food. As we all know, party food should be simple, quick and easy to prepare as you are anyhow preparing it for minimum 10 people. We made a menu glazed honey mustard salmon, different hummus aaaaaand couscous salad. I never prepared it but it fits so perfect to this menu.
I had a mission, to find Israeli pearl couscous. After going through supermarkets, bio stores, all kind of special food stores, I ended up by accident in Turkish market buying their local bread for hummus, and you know what….I found my couscous Joooooh happiness. I was happy as I would find favorite shoes in stock online. Maybe even more, yea I am a weirdo. 🙂
Now, let me show you how to prepare this amazing and simple salad. If you need more Israeli cuisine inspirations, check out our lemon burnt eggplant.
And don’t forget: if you make this pearl couscous salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Israeli Couscous Salad
- 250 g Pearl Couscous
- 1 pcs Cucumber
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- Handful Radish
- Handful Baby Spinach
- Handful Fresh Herbs Mint, Dill and Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- Lemon Juice Half a Lemon
- Boil the couscous as per instructions on the package (amount of couscous depends on how many people you want to feed)
- Once couscous is cooked, drain it and drizzle with olive oil to avoid sticking. Cool it down completely
- Peel and chop cucumber on small pieces (I always spoon out the middle of cucumber)
- Chop cherry tomatoes in quarters and slice radish (I like thin slices)
- Chop baby spinach into strings
- Roughly chop the herbs
- For dressing mix mustard, olive oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust all ingredients according to your taste
- Once couscous is cold mix in cucumber, tomatoes, radish, spinach and herbs. Mix it all together. Pour in the dressing and mix it well. Adjust the seasoning if needed
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!