We are a big! big! fans of good sandwiches what is actually a rare find in restaurants. Usually full of mayonnaise and/or many other non healthy ingredients. This kale chicken sandwich is completely the opposite. Full of vitamins, healthy and exactly how you want your sandwich. Crusty toasted bread, fresh kale salad, avocado and grilled poultry! Yummy!
Preparing sandwich at home is not something we usually do, not sure why?! Well at some point we knew we need to do it and at the end we asked ourselves, why we’ve never did it earlier.
People!!! This was an absolute revolutionary experience. A BeastFeast homemade sandwich, the kale chicken sandwich was born. The first things, which popped up in my mind was Shrek. It’s a Shrek Sandwich! 🙂
What’s the perfect sandwich?
Actually, it’s quite simple: a mix of fresh and spicy ingredients, as well as a well thought plan on how to assemble the sandwich. Your goal should be to balance the taste, amount of ingredients, texture and structure. This kale chicken sandwich does it’s job to 100%. And you have the full control on your ingredients and it is the perfect go to meal!
The main ingredients for your sandwich
- The bread: As the basis for a delicious sandwich, you should choose a bread that tastes so good that you would eat it without toppings. As you like, you can also toast it before. If you opt for a slightly more liquid coating, your bread should be as strong and crispy as possible, otherwise it will quickly become soggy.
- The sauces and spreads: In general, sauced and spreads not only give the sandwich a great taste, they also help, like a natural shield, to prevent watery ingredients such as tomatoes from soaking the bread. You really have freedom in choosing your spread or sauce for your sandwich.
The selection is almost endless: how about mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, hummus, pesto, Tahin, Baba Ganoush, vegetable spreads, guacamole, cottage cheese, peanut butter (or another nut butters), or, or, right?
- The fruits and vegetables: Preferably use fresh and organically grown vegetables that have been previously washed and dried. The sliced vegetables should be as thin as possible and beforehand seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with a little olive oil.
- The protein source: From roast chicken over cooked ham to cheddar cheese. The warm ingredient is a great contrast to the probably rather cold components. However, if you prefer a “cold sandwich,” we recommend that you first bring the chilled ingredients from the refrigerator to room temperature before you fill your sandwich.
This green Shrek kale chicken sandwich is made of all favorite BeastFeast ingredients and really a hit for a quick lunch!
Make it healthy, make it green and make it yummy for your tummy
Kale Chicken Sandwich
- Handful Fresh Kale Leaves
- 100 g Chicken Breast grilled & sliced
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- ½ pcs Avocado sliced
- ½ pcs Cucumber sliced
- 4 Slices Fresh Toast
- Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash the kale and cut out the hard strings in the middle. Place the kale into the bowl and drizzle over olive oil and add lemon juice. Already well known trick is to massage the kale for few minutes so it gets softer
- Marinate the chicken with a mix of half a lemon juice, mustard, drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste (best to marinate for few hours in the fridge)
- Peal avocado and cucumber and cut both into slices
- Grill the chicken (on medium heat not to burn the mustard) on the grill or bake it in the oven (covered) on 180ºC for 20 minutes
- Once chicken is done, let it cool down and cut into slices
- Toast 4 slices of bread, not to heavy as you want to avoid bread breaking when you are cutting it
- Spread the cream cheese over 2 slices of bread. On each slice place as follows: kale, slices of chicken, cucumber, avocado and on top another slice of bread
- If you want to cut your sandwich on half, make sure you do not too much ingredients in it and make sure you press it hard when you are cutting
- You can serve it with our BeastFeast fries
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!