Jump to Recipe
We are in love with simple Mediterranean food, so calamari are usually at least once a month on our menu. As with work I have a pleasure to travel quite often to Greece it is easy to get inspired with their local cuisine. These calamari in a cream lemon mustard sauce are not explainable.
Calamari are quickly sautéed with garlic and wine finished with a zesty creamy sauce. A sprinkle of fresh parsley seals the deal. Comes together in less than 20 minutes!
This is BeastFeast version of lemon mustard calamari. As I told you, I ate these amazing calamari once on a business trip in Greece. These go perfectly with fresh Greek salad and rosemary potato as a main dish or if you do prefer as an appetizer, serve it with tzatziki and pita bread. In any case it is so creamy and delicious.
- 600 g Calamari (fresh)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 20 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and clean calamari (I remove the head and all inner parts). Dry calamari with paper towel
- Place the pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil and after it is warm enough add squeezed garlic (be careful you don’t burn it). Cook until golden or brown
- Add calamari, salt and pepper to taste. After some minutes start adding slowly wine. All the time it is important to maintain medium heat
- When calamari are cooking prepare lemon mustard creamy sauce. In a small bowl add 2 table spoons of mustard, 1 table spoon olive oil and squeeze half a lemon. Mix it all together
- After liquid from the pan is gone your calamari are ready for the sauce. Pour it over calamari and stir for one minute (be careful you don’t burn mustard). At the end, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley
- Serve it with Greek salad and/or rosemary potatoes. Enjoy your BeastFeast