Dinner, Dinner, Chicken Dinner. Yes, it’s that time again. As you guys all know…we love Chicken…well, Basti loves it more than I do. But this Mediterranean chicken recipe is a game changer. Moist and tender chicken breast with sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and capers cooked in a skillet in under 30 minutes – so it is perfect for busy weeknights.
This is one of our chicken recipes, which you can easily adjust to your likes. Add a handful of spinach, for example, switch out the capers for olives or add feta cheese. Saying this, makes me sad, that we didn’t have feta in the fridge this time….
Adding fresh parsley toward the end gives this Mediterranean chicken recipe just a little more brightness. Of course you can add your favorite side dish as well. Rice, potatoes, whatever you like!
Tips to make you Mediterranean chicken recipe great:
- Most important is the quality of your chicken meat. Don’t buy discounter meat, instead buy natural chicken or unfenced chicken since they are fed without any hormones. You are not only supporting the environment, moreover you do something good for your body.
- I highly recommend to use sun dried tomatoes, artichokes and olives, which are already in olive oil. These have a flavourful taste and give your chicken the special juiciness
- Don’t overcook you chicken. You don’t want to chew jerky!
The Mediterranean chicken dish is an ideal summer dish: light, wholesome and with a great deal of flavors. I highly recommend to eat eat with our basil pesto swirl bread. It doesn’t not only fit well, you can also dig into the oil and enjoy pure Mediterranean feeling.
Give it a try!
Mediterranean Skillet Chicken
- 600 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- ½ tbsp Curry Powder
- ½ tbsp Grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 150 g Artichoke Hearts
- 100 g Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Capers drained
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix in a bowl olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix it with the chicken breast till evenly coated
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the chicken for about 4 min until it turns nice golden color. Flip the chicken and brown the other side as well. Then remove the chicken to a plate
- Lower to medium heat and add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and lemon juice to the same skillet. Stir to combine everything and cook it for a few minutes
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook everything for about 5-10 min. Cover the skillet and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through
- Make sure to spoon the olive oil mixture of vegetables from the skillet over the chicken
- Enjoy your BeastFeast