Summer is for salads and there is nothing better than a fresh and colourful summer salad!
There are so many yummy summer veggies but our most favourite one will always be – tomatoes! Nothing better than sunny warm sweet tomatoes. But this time tomatoes are not the star of the salad – this time the real star is the squid! Such a simple and quite cheap sea food. In Croatia we are preparing it in a million different ways but let’s start with a simple Mediterranean grilled squid salad.
We have all the best what summer and Mediterranean can offer – squid, capers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, feta and olives!
If you make this Squid Salad, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Mediterranean Squid Salad
- 500 g Squid cleaned
- 200 g Feta
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 2 tbsp Capers
- Handful Black Olives pitted and halved
- Handful Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pcs Red Onion sliced
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Season the squid with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and place it on a grill over medium fire – grill about 4 minutes on each side (maybe less, depends on your grill) - be careful not overdoing it as it will get gummy
- While squid is grilling prepare whipped feta – in a food processor mix feta, ½ lemon juice and olive oil. Season with pepper. Mix it all well until you get a smooth cream
- Once squid is done – let is cool down and then slice it into about 1cm slices
- In a bowl mix capers, olives, cherry tomatoes, red onion, fresh parsley and add squid slices. Season all with salt and pepper, drizzle in some olive oil and ½ lemon juice. Mix it all well
- On a plate, spread whipped feta and on top add squid salad – for the full guilty pleasure meal eat it with toasted garlic and olive oil bread
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!