WOW, it’s been a year since we started this journey.
Let me tell you something…. having a food blog is not an easy thing. It takes a lot of commitment, planning and motivation. We both have full time jobs, having our gym days and all the other usual week/day routines – on top we have our BeastFeast. Once we started doing this, we promised ourselves, either we do it how it should be done, or we don’t even start.
Honestly, there were days when we both asked ourselves why we do all of this – hours of cooking after coming home from work, dirty dishes, messy kitchen and just a lot of everything. We are not bloggers and we will never be, I mean even you see that. We are not sharing million stories per day or talking into the camera – yes, maybe we should do that in order to get more Instagram popularity but that is not us, we can’t fake it. We just love to cook and to share our food with you.
239 recipes in one year is A LOT! Not only cooking, every recipe is an act of decorating, taking photos and after editing and writing recipes – all of that to get one single Insta post.
Well for sure if we do not love it we wouldn’t do it.
We are lucky to share the same passion and vision where we want to go with this foodie brand and we have big plans and we will not disappoint you.
Thank you for reading us and tasting us! 🙂
Sonja & Basti
M&M Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 170 g Butter unsalted & softened
- 200 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 pcs Egg room temperature
- 1 pcs Egg Yolk room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 270 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 200 g M&M's
- In a big bowl, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into a together with a hand mixer or a stand mixer, on medium speed until smooth
- Add the egg and egg yolk and the vanilla extract and mix on high until combined for about 1-2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Fold in the M&M’s. Cover the dough and chill for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside
- Roll balls of dough (about 1.5 tbsp of dough per cookie) and place 5 cm apart on the baking sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (Very important, otherwise the ice cream will just melt away)
- Take a large scoop of ice cream and sandwich it between two cookies. Feel free to roll the sides in crushed M&M, chocolate chips, sprinkles, anything!
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!