Jump to Recipe
One day I was rushing through the city. While passing the farmers’ market, I have spotted a really crowded food stand, which was unusual for that time of the week. When I came closer to see what is happening, I could clearly see the reason– FRESH MUSHROOMS which is a big thing in Germany during Fall season. I was an easy victim and bough a bit of everything. 🙂 Maybe a little bit too much. So we’ve ended up to cook simple mushroom pasta with browned butter chicken.
There is nothing better, then the start of a new season and all those veggies and fruits, in this case, Fall can offer us. Fresh pasta with sautéed fresh mushrooms. The chicken is fried in fresh salty butter and springs of thyme. So delicious and easy.
While walking home thinking, how I will explain Basti that I spent so much money on MUSHROOMS….I was as well thinking about recipes, how to prepare these yummy mushrooms, so he will forget about money I’ve spent. Good tactic, right?
So many ways how to prepare these beauties. This mushroom pasta with tender chicken breast is just one of many recipes. And trust me, much more to come!, which you will love!
Do you like the fall and mushroom season as much as I do? You have to try our truffle polenta. This is mushroom overload! 🙂
Mushroom Pasta with Browned Butter ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 300 g Tagliatelle
- 250 g Mushrooms mixed
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 pcs Onion finely chopped
- Sprigs of fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 50 ml White Wine
- ½ Squeeze of Lemon
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, drizzle over some olive oil and mix it all together
- Place the pan over medium heat and drizzle in some olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter. When butter starts to brown add chicken breast and thyme. Lower down the heat and cook chicken breast for 5-7 minutes on each side. At the end add 1 tbsp of butter. Set aside to cool down
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions (we love it al dente)
- Wash and cut the mushrooms on even pieces, small ones you don’t need to cut
- Place the pan over medium heat, drizzle in some olive oil and add chopped onions, lower the heat and cook the onion until golden
- Add 3 spoons of butter, once starting get brown add mushrooms and thyme. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Pour in the wine, cream cheese and lemon juice. Softly mix all together until you get creamy sauce. Cook until wine disappear. At the end add cooked pasta and grated parmesan. Mix it all together
- Serve pasta with chicken and sprinkle over more parmesan
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!