This Italian Meatball Sub Sandwich is everything but boring. Served on crusty grilled baguette, melted fresh mozzarella, savory homemade meatballs and sauce are perfectly matched and make the most enjoyable dinner in every time of the year. They are an easy weeknight dinner idea, which everyone likes.
Inspiration we actually got by watching the Netflix series “The Chef Show” where they prepared Neapolitan pizza, wood oven baked bread and homemade meatballs with marinara sauce. I literally craved for these savory meatballs while watching it. And BeastFeast version is now slightly twisted, as we call them naked Italian meatball sub sandwich, served on a crusty fluffy baguette.
These meatball subs are exactly how we like them to eat. Meat with cheese and sauce. 🙂 Can it get better? 🙂
The recipe is crazy simple. So, you know, we’re all about quick and easy food! And everybody at the table will going to ask for more. I’m sure your loved ones will love them as much as we do.
If you want to try traditional meatballs in a savory tomato sauce, we have your back. 🙂
Here are also some tips, you should consider if you start doing your own naked italian subs:
You can freeze them when they are raw or after they are cooked, really up tp you. We usually like to cook them first. This makes them super fast and easy to use again when you want to reheat them.
If you make this fancy meatball sub sandwich recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Naked Italian Meatball Sub Sandwich
- 500 g Lean Minced Beef
- Handful Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves
finely chopped or minced
- 30 g Bread Crumbs
- 1 pcs Egg
- 30 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce or Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Basil optional
- Preheat the oven on 180ºC with grilling mode
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Once all ingredients are combined, roll into small balls and thread onto skewers. (Tipp: Roll the balls in a diameter of max. 3cm)
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and place the meatball skewers on it. Put it in the oven for 15 min. Half way done, turn the skewers to get them crispy on each side
- Cut the baguette crosswise, split each piece horizontally and brush with olive oil
- Place the bread in your toasted or on the roast in your oven. Grill them until they get golden brown
- Top each baguette with mozzarella. (Tipp: Place the baguette with the mozzarella a few minutes into the oven, until the mozzarella starts to melt)
- Place grilled meatballs onto the cheesy bread, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!