Fresh warm bread on a rainy day? I guess we all love it! This no knead bread will make your rainy days better, I promise!
Baking bread without kneading the dough forever? That’s fine. All ingredients are simply mixed for the pot bread. Of course, they should mix well. Especially if you want to pimp the basic recipe and add different spices. They tend to collect in one place in the dough if the dough is not stirred well.
This recipe you can either prepare right before you put it into the oven, or you prepare the dough the night before. Either way it will be a success!
I’m hundred percent team bread…absolutely. Homemade fresh bread with cheese or homemade jam, bread with herb butter for grilling…what else do you need? 🙂
And there is hardly anything more enjoyable than dipping fresh bread with a nice crust in the best olive oil. Or in soup. A delicious bread makes a fine salad even tastier for me. Also the dipping in other dressing should not be underestimated here…simply pleasure!
In which pot do I bake my no knead bread?
You need an ovenproof pot with a lid (no plastic handles, silicone parts etc.). Make sure that the lid can withstand high temperatures. A heavy, cast iron pot, a Dutch oven or the like is best suited for this.
Ceramic roasters are also very suitable. What you shouldn’t use are non-stick (Teflon) coated pots. If you have a suitable pot but no lid, you can also cover the pot with aluminum foil, but only if you have nothing else!
This simple recipe for no knead bread – bread from the pot without kneading – is the perfect type of bread for me to serve as a companion for soup or salads, to serve with hummus or Shakshuka. Nice crispy on the outside, much fluffy on the inside. It is best not to cut it at all, but to tear off thick, fluffy pieces of bread, close your eyes for a moment and dream about Italian moments.
If you make this no knead bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
No Knead Bread
- 1 kg All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ cube Fresh Yeast 21g
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 750 ml Tepid Water
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl, add water and stir to a smooth dough
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise at room temperature for at least 12 to a maximum of 20 hours
- Brush the pot with some oil or place a piece of baking paper on the floor. Close the pan with the lid and place it on the bottom rail of the oven. Preheat the oven to 250°C with top and bottom heat
- Scrape the dough all around from the edge to the middle. Remove the saucepan lid and let the bread slide from the mixing bowl into the oven-hot saucepan
- Put the lid on and bake the bread for 45 to 60 minutes
- If necessary, remove the lid after 50 minutes and bake the bread to the end to create a nicer crust. Caution: the pot is very hot, use oven gloves
- Take the pot out of the oven and place it on a heat-resistant surface. Let cool for a few minutes, take out the bread and let it cool on a wire rack
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!