We were waiting for a perfect moment to share this one pot miracle with you.
Creamy Pasta without actual Cream. Is it even possible? Hell yeah! We present you an ideal autumn dish: Quick and healthy we conjure up a delicious lunch, one pot pumpkin pasta.
All you need is just few ingredients -> butternut squash, veggie stock, white wine, butter and parmesan cheese.
One Pot meals are indeed my favourites ones, because on some days there is nothing better than just put everything in one pot. Now that sounds like a second league meal that you have to settle with as you do not have enough time. But one pot meals are the best ones when all those flavours come together and create one big pot of happiness, like this one pot pumpkin pasta! 🙂
One Pot Pasta – what is it?
One pot pasta is a pasta dish that is cooked in a single pot. This means that the pasta is cooked directly with and in the sauce. They are therefore cooked instead of in water in another liquid or a mix of different liquids such as milk, cream or vegetable broth. That’s what I like about it, because it makes the whole thing so creamy. All ingredients are cooked in a saucepan with the pasta. So the there are no limits and there are endless possibilities what to add. And the best thing: Clean kitchen + Amazing food for soul! 😉
Make sure to try these amazing pumpkin recipes as well:
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter and Mushrooms
- Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- Roasted Pumpkin on Whipped Feta
One Pot Butternut Squash Pasta
- 500 g Butternut Squash
- 2 pcs Onion chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 300 g Penne
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 100 ml White Wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese & extra for serving
- Handful Fresh Rucola optional
- Olive Oil
- Rinse the pumpkin well, pat dry, remove seeds and cut the pulp into cubes of about 1 cm
- Chop the onions and mince the garlic
- Place the pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil and add onions. Cook until soften and golden. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, carefully not to burn the garlic
- Add the pumpkin to onions and garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir for a minute. Add vegetable stock and white wine and cook for about 15 minutes on a lower heat (until pumpkin gets softer). Before adding pasta, place the immersion blender (hand blender) into pot and slowly and gently mix the pumpkin until you get creamy sauce with still some pumpkin chunks left
- Add pasta (and more veggie stock if you need more liquids). Cook the paste as per instructions on the box. Cook on lower heat and pay attention if you need more liquids as pasta will absorb all the quick while cooking
- At the very end stir in the parmesan cheese and butter
- Before serving you can add rucola and sprinkle with more parmesan
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!