This one pot vegetarian lentil chili is a great family meal. Healthy and hearty weeknight recipe. You can make a pot of rice to go along with this veggie lentil chili, top it with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and some coriander. Do I need to say more?
Oh, did I mention we are talking about one pot meal? Oh yes! Put that on your one pot list as well.
Even the biggest meat lovers will like this vegetarian brown lentil chili.
If you are making this veggie lentil chili, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
One Pot Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 1 pcs Onion diced
- 250 g Tomatoes diced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 250 g Black Beans drained
- 150 g Corn drained
- 200 g Brown Lentils uncooked
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 500 ml Water
- Finely chop onion and garlic
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Drizzle in olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion and cook until soften
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water and all spices. Stir well to combine. Bring to boil
- Once boiling, add lentils and reduce the heat to low, so it's at a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or until lentils is almost done
- While cooking you may need to add more water if the mixture is looking too dry and lentils needs more water to soak
- Add beans, black beans and corn. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed
- Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes, then reduce heat back to low and gently simmer for 10 minutes to combine flavours together
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and coriander
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!