Jump to Recipe
Everything, which contains chicken and grill, Basti likes. Well, I do like eating chicken, but not literally everyday. So we are constantly searching for new recipes, which make it more joyful in eating chicken. It doesn’t get easier or more delicious than these grilled orange chicken skewers with couscous – I promise!
This time I needed a side, excepts just a green salad. While I were investigating the kitchen shelfs, I found couscous we’ve recently bought. So with the skewers we wanted to create something fresh and flavorful, and this pomegranate couscous salad was the result – and it was amazing!
For the dip, it’s easy….Tzatziki is the answer! 🙂
If you make these orange chicken skewers with couscous, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Orange chicken skewers with couscous
Orange Chicken Skewers
- 600 grams Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp
Sweet smoked Paprika Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp Orange Juice
- Few Orange slices for the Skewers
- 80 grams Couscous
- 130 ml Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 40 grams Pomegranate Seeds
- Fresh Parsely
- Skyr for the Dip
- Chop the chicken into small even pieces (for skewers)
- Place the chicken pieces into a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and orange juice, toss gently then sprinkle over the curry powder, sweet smoke paprika, salt and pepper and mix until evenly coated. If time allows, leave to marinate for up to 1 hour. This makes it more juicy
- Preheat the grill to medium. Thread the marinated chicken and the orange slices alternately onto 6 skewers. Grill them for around 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked through with no pink meat. Be careful that the orange slices are not sticking on the grill.
- Meanwhile, boil 130ml of water with a pinch of salt. Then place the couscous and let it soak for 5 minutes until liquid has absorbed
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork then add the pomegranate seeds, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, olive oil and orange juice and gently toss to combine. Top with the chicken skewers and serve a spoonful of Skyr.
- Enjoy your BeastFeast