Orange Fennel Salad is already well known, it is so refreshing and just love how crispy it is. Finding the inspiration all over the world while traveling, this time we got inspired while in London visiting one of the Ottolenghi deli’s (I think it was in Belgravia) we spotted a saffron chicken salad with fennel.
Of course, we immediately searched for the recipe and as soon as we came back home that was next day for lunch! I am still amazing how simple but so amazing his recipes are, just with a touch of herbs and spices he is creating recipes that are creating a real taste explosion in your mouth. LOVE IT!
This Chicken Fennel Salad is really something. Thank you Ottolenghi for being our inspiration.
I hope you love this Orange Fennel Salad recipe, as much as we do! If you make it, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Orange Fennel Chicken Salad
- 1 pcs Orange
- 50 g Honey
- ½ tsp Saffron Threads
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 300 ml Water
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 pcs Fennel Bulbs thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove crushed
- Olive Oil
- Handful Fresh Herbs (Coriander, Mint, Basil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut 1cm off the top and tail of the orange and cut it into 12 wedges, keep the skin on
- Place the wedges in pan together with the honey, saffron, vinegar and pout over water to cover the orange wedges
- Bring everything to boil and simmer gently for an hour - you should end up with soft orange thick syrup (add water during the cooking if more liquid needed)
- In the end place soft orange wedges and syrup into the food processor and blitz until you get smooth paste (add water if too thick)
- In a bowl place chicken breast and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- In the meantime, heat up the grilling pan on which you will place the chicken once the pan is really hot. Sear the chicken for about 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer the chicken into ovenproof bowl, place it in the oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes
- Once chicken is done, let is cool down a bit. Pull apart the chicken with your hand of with a fork into larger pieces
- In a bigger bowl place pulled chicken, add orange paste and mix it well – add reaming ingredients into the salad and toss all together gently
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!