This orange rosemary chicken recipe is so simple but so festive. It does not only look amazing, it tastes even better.
Citrus herb marinade makes such a perfect glaze, you will love it! In my experience, chicken turns out with a much better flavor when marinated. It is always juicer and more tender. I don’t know what it is about marinating chicken but my family and I prefer how it turns out, especially when baking it.
A perfect recipe when you want to serve something special, not only during holiday season. Especially if you do not have time and you want to eat something not that heavy – these orange rosemary chicken thighs are the perfect recipe for you.
You can also switch up the seasonings to a spicy mix and toss in lemons and limes instead of oranges. Swap cilantro for the rosemary and thyme. Serve it over rice, maybe? No need to be a recipe robot – get creative!
Still in desperate search for the perfect side dish for this orange rosemary chicken?
If you make these chicken thighs, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Orange Rosemary Chicken
- 6 pcs Chicken Thighs
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 2 pcs Oranges
- 2-3 pcs Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Marinade: mix orange juice (from 1 orange), 1 tbsp olive oil, soy sauce, 1-2 rosemary springs, salt and pepper to taste. Once mixed – add chicken and marinade for minimum 1h in the fridge
- Place the cooking pan (which can be placed in the oven as well) on a medium heat, add olive oil, once oil is hot enough place chicken thighs and bake for 1-2 minutes on each side, till golden
- Heat up the oven to 180ºC
- Pour in marinade – but not everything , leave few spoons aside for pouring over while baking, add crushed whole garlic cloves between thighs
- Put the chicken in the oven (in the same pan you baked it), place orange slices on the chicken and rosemary springs
- Bake for 20-30 minutes with occasionally pouring over the marinate to keep the chicken juicy
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!