We thought we might be fed up with cauliflower, but obviously not. It is simply so yummy and simple to make. It looks good and it goes really with everything. So we ended up with an oven roasted cauliflower pear salad. Baharat smoked cauliflower with fresh pears and gorgonzola. Easy to make and absolutely tasty.
Our apple cauliflower salad was so good, and you gave us such a good feedback that we decided to get more creative with salads. Pear gorgonzola salad is not something new, actually it is one of those combos, either you are crazy about it or you can’t taste it. You know me and my love for cheese, my logic is, the smellier the better.
Trying new things with cauliflower
Bringing cauliflower to this combination was a bit risky as I had no clue how it will end up. How it even can go wrong if we combine all these yummy ingredients.
To level up this recipe we spiced up the cauliflower with Baharat, just to bring that middle Eastern taste.
If you make this oven roasted cauliflower pear salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Smoky Cauliflower Pear Salad
- 1 pcs Cauliflower
- 1 pcs Pear
- 200 g Gorgonzola Cheese
- Handful Fresh Pecan Nuts
- Handful Green Salad Leaves
- 1 tsp Baharat
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- Fresh Mint Leaves optional
- Heat up the oven to 180°C
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tbsp honey, baharat, garlic powder, salt and pepper and drizzle in olive oil. Mix it all well and brush the cauliflower with the mix
- Place the cauliflower in a dutch oven and cover with a lid. Place all together in oven to bake for half an hour. Remove the lid and bake for another 10 minutes (time of baking depends on size of the cauliflower)
- In the meantime, mix ingredients for salad dressing. 1 tbsp honey, olive oil and lemon. Season with salt and pepper
- Slice the pear in thin slices and crumble gorgonzola
- Once cauliflower is done let it cool down to room temperature then cut it on small pieces
- In a big bowl add salad and pour in dressing. Mix it all well. Add pear slices, gorgonzola, pecans and cauliflower
- For extra freshness you can add mint leaves (optional)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!