Nothing beats a homemade healthy granola recipe. For years I was buying granola in supermarket, even those from bio stores are not like homemade one. This super yummy pecan cranberry granola is made with oats, coconut oil, pecan nuts and dried cranberries.
Homemade granola is so much healthier than store bought ones!
For the first time when I got to understand better nutrition I was shocked how much sugar supermarket granolas consists. Yes, it is super yummy but the fact I don’t like about it is that buying a granola I am actually planning to eat my healthy breakfast or snack so all that sugar mentioned on the back of the package is not what I signed up for.
Once you try homemade granola, you won’t go back to store-bought granola. It’s so much better!
Cooking at home you can control what you eat. As a first and easy step is making a granola and replacing sugar with honey. Play with it and you will see how easy it to make homemade granola which is even more yummy than bought one. Crunchy, sweet and homemade!
This time we made pecan cranberry granola, and need to say, so far this is my favorite one.
This healthy granola recipe is my favourite, go-to granola recipe. Over the years, I’ve played around with it to create a bunch of fun variations. Here they are for inspiration:
If you make the super healthy granola recipe with pecans and cranberries, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Super Healthy Pecan Cranberry Granola
- 480 g Whole Oats
- 180 g Raw Pecan Nuts
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 100 g Coconut Oil melted
- 100 g Maple Syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g Dried Fruits I used cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Mix everything well
- Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. Mix well, till evenly coated
- Pour the granola onto your prepared sheet and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer
- Bake until lightly golden, about 22minutes, stirring halfway (Tipp:for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer)
- The granola will further crisp up as it cools
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes)
- Top with the dried fruit
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!