It is that time of the week, fish day! So many possibilities and varieties. To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of freshwater (sweet water) fish. We all have that trauma from childhood, you ate something really bad and since then you are simply discussed with that meal. For me that is freshwater fish. As a big food lover, I needed to overcome my fear and give a chance again. This grilled fish salad with carrots and grilled peaches won my heart since the first bite.
Summer on a plate. Fruity, juicy salad with a note of carrot bitterness all mixed with zesty lemon honey-mustard dressing. This lemon honey-mustard dressing is one of our favorite dressings due to the sweet and tangy flavor combinations. Made with just five simple ingredients, the dressing is as simple as whisking together honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, water and a little salt and pepper. It fits perfect with the crisp salads and the fresh grilled pike fish. I literally can spoon this amazing lemon honey-mustard vinaigrette. 🙂
Frying your fish – this is how it works
Carefully scrape the skin side of the fish fillets several times so that the fillets do not buckle when frying. Add some butter and a small amout of olive oil into the pan. Drizzle fish on meat side with lemon juice and salt.
First fry off the skin side of the fish fillets. Sauté the meat side at the end only briefly. Add a little butter to the pan again. Take a tablespoon and sprinkle the fish several times with the flavored fat. After about 5 minutes, the fish fillet is cooked.
Oh, and did I mention butter? Yes, butter! Pike fish was swimming in a pan full of butter. Combination of fresh, crunchy and zesty salad with sweet melting grilled fish, heaven in your mouth.
Now, let’s fire up your grill and enjoy this tasty summer salad.
If you like grilled fish, you may also like:
Pike Fish on a Pile of Carrot
- 2 pcs Pike Fish Fillets medium sized
- 200 g Carrots
- Handful fresh mint
- 2 pcs Peaches
- 1 pcs Avocado
- Handful Rucola Salad
- 3 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Lemon Juice
- 50 ml Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- Wash and peel the carrots on stripes, half the avocado peel it and slice it on thin slices, wash and dry fresh rucola
- Half the peaches and take out the core. Turn on the stove on medium heat and place a grilling pan, drizzle in some olive oil. When warm enough place peaches on, just on sliced side (until they got softer and golden track from grill). Place a side to cool down
- Dry on paper towel Pike fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn on the stove on medium heat and place the pan on it. Add butter and wait until melts. Lower down the heat not to burn the butter. Place the pike fish first on a side without the skin (do you smell the butter?) and cook it for 3-5 minutes, turn on a side with a skin again for 3-5 minutes. Place on the paper towel when done to soak the grease
- Place mix of rucola and carrot on a big plate, add fresh mint and pour over the dressing (instructions below). Mix it all together
- Add avocado slices and gently on top place grilled peaches and pike fish
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!
- In a bowl mix honey, mustard, lemon juice and add water. Sprinkle over salt and pepper for taste
- Mix all together with blender stick