Indeed, this Pretzel New York Cheesecake is pure heaven! I cannot even describe it in enough words. Do you know Lindy’s cheesecake? “Lindy’s” was a small popular restaurant in New York, known for its unique cheesecake. The secret recipe was later vented and is now also circulating on the Internet. But not enough, the dough is made out of salty pretzels instead of usual biscuits and I tell you, this is probably the best cheesecake on earth! Yes, we all probably never tried the cheesecake at Lindy’s, so I pretend this is the ultimate pretzel NY cheese cake.
Maybe you already know the original New York cheesecake. Probably yes and you want to bake this creamy cheesecake with Philadelphia by yourself?
Then this recipe is just right for you! The cake is so incredibly perfect, mega delicious and the best part is the fantastically simple preparation.
New York Cheesecake – what is it?
I just want to make sure, we are on the same page guys: A New York cheesecake is not a normal cheesecake!
- A cheesecake is made from curd cheese, a New York cheesecake made from cream cheese.
- A cheese cake is compact, a cheesecake creamy.
- The cake grounds are different too.
And then there’s the American Cheesecake: more eggs, sour cream instead of cream cheese and a different cake ground. And yes – even in taste, it is different to the New York Cheesecake.
The filling: Which cream cheese?
The heart of the American Cheesecake is the filling. As in the classic there is no curd, no sour cream and no yogurt, but cream cheese. And the double cream stage. Only then it gets really creamy. So do not fall back on a low-fat version. A few eggs, cream and sugar and it is done.
Yes, we are always focused on healthy recipes, but sometimes it is ok to fulfil our sugar cravings! 🙂
The secret of the water bath
Only those who bake their cheesecake in a water bath can look forward to a really creamy cheese mass at the end. What’s more, the steam prevents tearing and ensures a smooth and even surface. The indication for a really good cheesecake.
If you make this extraordinary pretzel cheesecake, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Pretzel New York Cheesecake
- 200 g Pretzels
- 75 g Butter melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 900 g Cream Cheese
- 300 g Sugar
- 30 g Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 175 ml Heavy Cream
- Caramel Sauce optional
- Chocolate Sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the cake tin and wrap it with aluminum foil
- For the dough, put pretzels into a food processor, grind finely and mix them with butter and salt. Add the mass to the cake pan and squeeze. Put aside and let it rest for around 30 minutes
- For the filling, stir 300g cream cheese with 100g sugar, vanilla extract and starch for about 3 minutes. Add remaining cream cheese and sugar, one after the other, and stir it until it gets really creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix everything. At the end, stir in the cream
- Fill an ovenproof mold with water (The cake should be covered around 3cm in water) Pour the dough into the cake pan and put it into the mold, which has been filled with water
- Put the cake in the hot oven on the bottom rail for about 60 minutes until the dough barely wobbles
- Remove the cake from the oven and remove the aluminum foil
- Allow to cool down on a wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, even better overnight
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!